The benefits of being a DIRTcar Member
• INSURANCE: All members participating at a DIRTcar sanctioned event are included in DIRTcar Racing's expanded Participant Accident Benefit program. Any member, driver, crew member, or owner is eligible for an additional $50,000 in Participant Accident Benefits on top of the tracks Participant Accident policy.
•PIT GATE FEES: At most DIRTcar sanctioned events and facilities, members may receive, at the promoter's discretion, a discount of up to $10 for pit credential by showing their DIRTcar Members License at the pit window.
• MEDIA ATTENTION: DIRTcar Racing is the top dirt-track sanctioning body in the country, and thus tracks and drivers that are part of the organization are well respected in the industry. Tracks and drivers receive considerable media coverage from national, regional and local newspapers; as well as magazines, trade papers, radio and television. All of that coverage leads to wide-ranging attention for tracks and drivers while enhancing their statures within the sport.
• PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING: The DIRTcar Racing public relations and marketing departments work to publicize sanctioned tracks and events under the organization’s umbrella through press releases, media contacts, the DIRTcar.com website and other mediums. DIRTcar Racing’s in-house video team can also provide marketing DVDs and produce exciting commercial spots for DIRTcar Racing members. It creates unique opportunities to work with the sanctioning body’s public relations and marketing representatives to enhance publicity and sponsorship programs.
• PREMIER EVENTS: DIRTcar Racing sanctions many premier races throughout the season. These include: DIRTcar Nationals, Super DIRT Week, World Finals, Steel City Stampede, DIRTcar Roundup at Pevely, Firecracker 100, DIRTcar Summer Nationals, Ironman, Don Martin Silver Cup, Ohio Speedweek, Kings Royal, World 100 and The Dream.
• STANDARDIZED RULES: DIRTcar Racing sets technical rules for its divisions, allowing drivers to travel to any DIRTcar Racing-sanctioned speedway or event and compete without making changes to their cars’ components, bodywork or tires. These standardized rules provide the perfect framework for track promoters to draw large fields of cars from across the region to their major events while easing the burden on promoters when tough decisions have to be made regarding rules.
• APPEAL PROCESS: Members may access the established Appeal process to request a review of the appropriateness of a penalty or technical decision. The independent board works as an advocate of the member utilizing industry leaders from all disciplines.
• POINT FUNDS: DIRTcar Racing distributes hundreds of thousands of dollars through its national, regional, state and local point funds each year to champions across all divisions. There are also prestigious series point races under the DIRTcar Racing banner that give racers an opportunity to compete for even more money and glory. **There will be no national, regional, and state point funds for Sprint Car drivers, with the exception of Western Pennsylvania.
• REGIONAL SERIES: There are Regional Series events that award points with standard rules throughout each division, many with a separate point fund.
• DISCOUNTS: Membership has it rewards with special discounts and member offers form participating companies. Members receive special offers and complimentary offers.
• THE SLIDER SUBSCRIPTION: Members receive the weekly E-Flyer “The Slider” including announcing special events.
• DIRTcar NEWSLETTER: Members receive our printed membership newsletter.
• DIRTcarMEMBERS.com: Exclusive access to our member’s only website with member profile information, access to registration forms, special offers, and much more.